Last updated on November 2, 2021
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 3, 2022
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
• To create an account, you must provide your name, email address, and create a password for your account. You may provide additional information for your account, including your location, information about your farming operations, and equipment you are interested in.
• We will collect information about the offers you make to buy equipment and information about your transactions through our Services, including information about the equipment you purchase.
• When you list equipment for sale on our Services, we collect information about the equipment you would like to sell, including the equipment manufacturer, model and year the equipment was manufactured, number of hours the equipment was used, photos or videos of the equipment you upload to the Services, any other description or details you provide about the equipment, and your asking price for the equipment. We also will collect your zip code or the zip code where the equipment is located in order to estimate shipping costs and delivery times.
• When a transaction is initiated, buyers and sellers must create accounts on our partner's website, escrow.com, which includes name, email, phone, and bank account information (routing, account number).
• If you subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters, we will collect your name and email address.
• If you contact us or request information from us through the Site or Services, we will collect your name, contact information, and your communications with us.
Information We Collect From Other Entities. We also collect information about you from other sources.
Information We Automatically Collect Through the Site:
• Domain name;
• your browser type and operating system;
• web pages or offerings you view or content you access on the Site or Services; links you click on the Site or Services; your device’s identifiers and IP address;
• the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services;
• the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
• To provide our Services and other offerings to you.
• To communicate with you about your use of our Services; to facilitate your transactions, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide personalized recommendations, help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while visiting or using the Site or Services.
Marketing Communications: In accordance with applicable laws, we may use your information:
• To send you marketing communications about our Services and other offerings.
• To send you news, newsletters, and event information.
• To send you marketing communications about products and services of our affiliated entities.
Advertising and Promotions:
• To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media (whether on the Services or on nonaffiliated websites and media) and to create lookalike and Custom Audiences for our advertising campaigns.
• To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
• See also the Ad Networks section discussed below for information about online advertising.
• To administer any customer loyalty programs we may offer.
Sites, Services, and Product Improvement/Research:
• To better understand how users access and use our Site, Services and other offerings, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Services are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to update or add new features to our Services. We may also use feedback provided by users and clients to update our Site, Services or develop new offerings.
• To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for user engagement, market research or user satisfaction purposes.
• To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for any purpose, including product improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
• To comply with legal obligations and act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticating your identity, maintaining our records, to monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, to collect debts owed to us, to safeguard our business interests, and to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
• For other purposes we may inform you about from time to time. Where required by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes requiring such consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
• Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy.
• Escrow Services Provider. As discussed above, we work with an escrow services provider to process transaction funds. When you engage in a transaction through the Services, we may share your name and contact information with the escrow services provider so you can begin the escrow account creation process. We also may share your information with the escrow services provider in the event of a dispute or to resolve issues related to your transaction.
• Transportation Services. We may offer you transportation options for moving equipment you purchase through the Services. We may share your information with the transportation services provider, such as your name, contact information, information about the equipment to be transported, and the delivery location.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
• Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
• In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, pseudonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site and Services visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site and Services usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.
We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Ad Networks we work with so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on other websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how ad networks display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site and Services, including your comments, questions, pictures, videos and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site or Services . If you post content to our Site or Services, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Communications?
In accordance with applicable law, we will send periodic promotional communications to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communication. We will process opt-out requests in accordance with applicable law. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you communications about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.